Development Project Manager
Permanent – Fulltime
Salary: £35,300 - £39,800
Location: Cambridge (with occasional travel to Coventry)
What it’s about
We are looking for a Development Project Manager to join the Product Development team in Cambridge.
You will be working with our Entry Level, GCSE and AS/A level portfolio and be responsible for interpreting external policies, translating them into product development processes that cover inception through to business readiness.
You will ensure that OCR can and does adhere to those processes in order to deliver innovative, high-quality, cost-effective, attractive qualification and assessment products.
You will also manage a team of Development Project Officers, who project manage the development of products, to ensure coherence across product types and to support them manage and deliver their projects.
What you’ll be doing
• Designing, monitoring and maintaining product development processes that will reliably deliver products, comply with regulatory requirements, and can be easily followed by Product Development teams.
• Interpreting how regulatory and government policies affect our product development and withdrawal processes.
• Managing a portfolio of product developments from inception to business readiness (including managing portfolio progress, budgets, and risks).
• Managing and developing a team of Development Project Officers who will each manage the development of one or more products.
• Project managing the complex or problematic development, redevelopment, or withdrawal of products, and secure external accreditation, recognition, or approval.
• Liaising with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Ofqual), as necessary, regarding product developments.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for somebody with experience in
• project management
• developing and maintaining processes that will produce a high-quality output and accurate progress and budget reporting
• external policy analysis and interpretation
And is able to:
• determine the best course of action to address portfolio risks and issues
• take on responsibility
• be positive and resilient to the impact of change and is self-motivated
• motivate others including those who may have less experience in either project management or assessment design
Who we are
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board. We provide qualifications which engage people of all ages and abilities at school, college, in work or through part-time learning programmes. Our general and vocational qualifications equip learners with the knowledge and skills they need for their future, helping them achieve their full potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 7 May 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.