Job Title: HR Administrator, Cambridge English
Permanent – Full-time
What it’s about
Are you an experienced administrator with excellent written and verbal communication skills? The role of HR Administrator dealing with both UK and international matters, will allow you to work with colleagues at all levels and to acquire new skills and knowledge as you go. This exciting, fast-paced role requires high attention to detail as well good numerical skills as you will be required to analyse and understand data. As a HR Administrator you will have excellent IT skills and will be able to familiarise yourself with and to use new software quickly. This is a fantastic opportunity to not only join a great team but a great company; you will be able to grow within the role and to develop and improve current processes and procedures.
What you’ll be doing
• Resolving enquiries from our people
• Recruitment including liaising with candidates and attending interviews
• Producing accurate HR correspondence including letters, emails, notes of meetings, etc. that are relevant and appropriate for the situation
• Updating HR databases and records so that we have accurate and up-to-date information about our people
• Producing accurate and meaningful management information reports so that managers and HR colleagues have the information to manage and develop our people
• Operating HR administration processes
• Recommending and implementing improvements to HR administration processes
• Ad-hoc HR project work
What we’re looking for
You will be a self-motivated person with a ‘can do’ attitude who takes responsiblity for your own workload and therefore must be organised with the ability to manage and prioritise your own time and work. We need someone who can innovate and accept, embrace and implement change. Most importantly, you will need to be a team player, within your business unit and Group HR.
You will need:
• Previous experience in office administrative work. (Ideally in a large International organisation)
• To be educated to A Level Standard or equivalent, GCSE Maths and English Grade C or Equivalent as a minimum.
• A HR Qualification would be advantageous.
• Previous experience in a Customer Service role would be advantageous.
• Previous experience using Microsoft Office Packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment agency, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 150 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
The Cambridge English HR team provides a service to Cambridge English Language Assessment, overseeing staff recruitment, performance management and other formal processes, and just as importantly giving informal advice and support to individual staff. A very important role of the team is to support the rapid growth of Cambridge English by ensuring that all appointments in the network of overseas offices are efficiently managed as well as meeting Cambridge Assessment requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1 May 2017 and interviews will be held on 8 May 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer