Social Media Manager
Permanent – Fulltime
What it’s about
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience in digital marketing and particularly social media, to manage and oversee some of the biggest social media communities in the education sector. Cambridge English currently has over 10 million fans across three different Facebook pages. We also have Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter channels and are constantly aiming to increase our engagement and reach.
The Social Media Manager plays an important role in the Marketing Communications team, as social media is one of the most effective channels we have for reaching key audiences. A large part of the role involves managing and driving forward our social media strategy in line with business objectives, as well as devising and delivering tactical social media marketing campaigns.
As the Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for creating, curating and managing fresh and relevant content for our audiences across these large social media communities. You should have a good knowledge of digital marketing trends, data analysis and social media developments. We welcome applicants with a background in both the agency and/or client side.
What you’ll be doing
• Developing Cambridge English’s global social media strategy and implementation plan
• Developing and implementing social media campaigns
• Ensuring Cambridge English’s reputation is protected through on-going social media monitoring
• Managing external suppliers to ensure social media activities are outsourced and delivered effectively
• Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with external bloggers and online communities, through a blogger outreach programme
• Tracking and reporting on performance of social media campaigns and social elements of cross-channel campaigns
• Working as a “consultant” to our overseas offices: supporting and advising regional marketing colleagues in their social media strategy development, implementation and evaluation
• Undertaking on-going analysis to ensure our social media activities support business goals and maximise ROI.
What we’re looking for
• Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in implementing a multi-channel social media strategy
• Digital marketing experience, with a proven track record of working on sizable digital/social media campaigns
• Experience and successful track record in delivering engaging social media content that relates closely to the overall business objectives
• Self-starter who proactively seeks solutions to potential problems
• Good at generating ideas and thinking creatively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Customer-focused and ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent time management and organisational skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• Marketing qualification
• Excellent attention to detail
• TEFL experience, with an in-depth knowledge of Cambridge English and IELTS
• Experience of working in the education/work sector internationally
• Experience of working in an international organisation would be an advantage
• The ability to perform under pressure.
Who we are
Cambridge English Language Assessment is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1 May 2017 and interviews will be held on 18 May 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer