1xPart-time (30 hours per week) Fixed term – Temporary until 31 December 2017
1xFull time permanent
Location: Cambridge, UK
What it’s about
Assessment Managers are responsible for managing the production of question papers, and are involved in a wide range of assessment processes. The role is an excellent opportunity for experienced ESOL/EFL professionals with a keen interest in assessment.
What you’ll be doing
• managing teams of test materials writers, and the editing, pretesting and proofreading of test materials
• developing and updating key documentation
• carrying out assessment-related administrative responsibilities
• contributing to increases in efficiency and effectiveness and initiating and/or contributing to research
• participating in exam reviews and in the development of new testing services.
What we’re looking for
• first degree
• recognised entry level EFL/ESOL teaching qualification (Cambridge CELTA or equivalent) (this may be substituted by significant directly relevant experience in working for an exam board and on exam processing)
• several years of EFL/ESOL teaching and/or assessment experience (some ideally carried out overseas), including experience in preparing candidates for Cambridge English exams (this may be substituted by significant directly relevant experience in working for an exam board: on exam processing and on the production of Cambridge English exams)
• an interest in educational assessment and some involvement in assessment in previous employments
• knowledge of relevant exam syllabuses and components, and teaching approaches/methodology used in exam preparation classes
• experience of materials production and/or evaluation
• good interpersonal and people management skills
• sound organisational, administrative, prioritising and planning skills
• ability to evaluate texts, exam questions and other material as suitable for use
• excellent attention to detail, including proofreading and copy editing skills
• good written and verbal communication skills
• numerate and able to understand and interpret statistics and other data
• good presentation skills – possesses the skills to be an effective and credible presenter at conferences and other events
• an understanding of the educational ethos of Cambridge English/Cambridge Assessment and our commitment to deliver high levels of customer service and provide improved opportunities to the benefit of exam users
• computer/technology aptitude and experience
• flexibility and adaptability
• recognised post-entry level EFL/ESOL teaching qualification (Cambridge DELTA or equivalent)
• higher level qualification in teaching or applied linguistics (to MA level)
• experience of acting as a Cambridge English examiner (speaking or writing tests)
• experience of working in/with a Cambridge English test centre
• experience of working in a complex and busy office environment
• administrative experience
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25 April 2017 and interviews will be held on 10 or 12 May 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer