Publishing Development Manager
Permanent, Full time
Salary: £35,400 - £39,800
What it’s about
An opportunity has arisen to join a team managing the endorsement of textbooks and digital resources to support Cambridge International Examinations syllabuses. The person appointed will manage relationships with our established publishing partners, as well as with new providers. They will be responsible for ensuring that plans are agreed and delivery schedules met.
What you’ll be doing
The post holder will be required to:
• Work with publishers and Cambridge staff to ensure that an appropriate range of materials is endorsed in a timely manner to support Cambridge learners.
• Implement the process for digital evaluation with key publishing partners.
• Make an effective contribution to the work of the Development Division including building effective relationships with other parts of the organisation and with external customers.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who has an exceptional eye for detail, and understands the processes behind publishing, ideally in both print and digital formats. You should be a strong communicator, methodical in approach, and able to work to tight deadlines. You will be comfortable working in small team. An understanding of digital teaching and learning resources is required. You will have a very high standard of English, and this will translate into your ability to express required changes to content clearly.
Applicants should be educated to degree standard and have experience of publishing, ideally in an education context. The successful applicant will be required to work 36.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Who we are
Cambridge International Examinations prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 23 April 2017 and interviews will be held on 4 May 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer