Administrator x2 in Assessment Materials, Operations
Salary: £18,000 - £20,200
Fixed Term for up to 12 Months
See things differently: join OCR’s Operations.
What it’s about
OCR’s Assessment Materials Team plays a pivotal role in ensuring that assessment material and a wide range of documents in various forms are ready to be published. The team specialises in ensuring that all documents have been processed and appropriately house-styled, formatted and OCR branding is consistently applied so that they meet all required standards.
What you’ll be doing
• Process assessment materials in line with agreed timescales and current working procedures;
• Format and style a variety of assessment materials including the production of mark schemes and question papers;
• Edit and prepare documents and create PDFs ready for printing and/or uploading to the web
• Prepare images and illustrations for use in assessment material using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator;
• Using your practical knowledge of a variety of software, contribute to the authoring and compilation of OCR’s computer-based tests.
What we’re looking for
You’re a quick learner with a very strong eye for accuracy and consistency. You must be passionate about producing high quality documents. We’re looking for someone flexible who is comfortable working under pressure and can consistently meet tight deadlines.
You should be confident with Microsoft Word and other similar packages, and be a skilled user of graphic design packages such as Adobe Photoshop, In-Design and Illustrator. A text processing qualification would be an advantage.
This is an ideal role for an experienced administrator with a particular interest in publishing and document production to put their skills to use in a busy team.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for applications is 28 April 2017.
To find out more about this role, please view the job description, or alternatively apply online now.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.