Deputy Director, Qualifications Development and Support
Full time, Permanent
Cambridge International Examinations prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
Reporting to the Director of Development, you will be responsible for managing the production of Cambridge qualifications and support materials for ages 14-19 year olds.
You will oversee the creation and the refreshment of commercially viable qualifications upon which the business is based, so decisions made have a lasting impact.
You will be working closely with Group Managers, Product Insight and Assessment teams, Sales and Marketing, as well as Finance and Operations, in planning and implementing new product developments, as well as the revision and/or withdrawal of products.
You will need a combination of innovative thinking and calm project management, since you will be managing a large team, as well as collaborating with and advising high-level stakeholders.
You will have a teaching qualification and a good degree (or equivalent) is desirable. Essential experience is required in:
• Curriculum development and assessment design
• Project management, working across teams
• Quality assurance
• Engaging with colleagues to analyse the financial performance of product portfolios
• Delivery of large-scale developments on schedule, within budget and to the appropriate quality standards
• Managing staff effectively.
It is also desirable that you are confident in:
• Delivering on time and to a high quality
• Engaging with different cultures at a high level
• Teaching / digital learning.
We are looking for someone who is collaborative; resilient, confident and a good team-builder.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 23rd April 2017 and interviews will be held on 10th May 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer