Change and Configuration Manager
Permanent – Fulltime
Salary: £41,300 - £46,500
We are looking for an experienced Change and Configuration Manager who will perform the day-to-day management of the Change Management process and introduce Service Asset and Configuration Management into a complex environment. It is a crucial role where you will promote the use of the Change Management policy, process and procedures to meet service levels and prevent change related Incidents. You will ensure that working instructions and procedures are developed and followed, whilst continually identifying improvements to the way that the processes operate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Control the lifecycle of all changes, ensuring an efficient flow through the Change Management process
• Manage and record changes within the Service Management tool throughout their lifecycle
• Develop procedures and work instructions to deliver effective Configuration Management, ensuring that it aligns with all other Service Management processes
• Convene and chair Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Post Implementation Review (PIR) meetings
• Coordinate the risk and impact assessment of all changes
• Accountable for providing evidence to ISO/IEC 20000 auditors that the processes are being complied with and are being measured
• You will have significant experience of running an ITIL focussed Change Management function in a complex environment
• Very good ITIL v3 knowledge (ideally Practitioner qualified)
• Excellent knowledge of how Change Management and Service Asset and Configuration Management deliver benefits to an organisation
• Capability to build an awareness of the Customer’s business priorities, objectives and business drivers
• Experience of working within Configuration Management and understanding how it interfaces effectively with all Service Management processes
• Strong experience of stakeholder engagement and building relationships with both technical and non-technical resources
• Excellent organisational, decision making, interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven practical understanding of the Change lifecycle and Change Management process and methods
• Experience of running and chairing a Change Advisory Board
• Provide feedback to the Change Management process owner on improvements that can be made to deliver a more effective, efficient and compliant process
• Able to understand business services and their usage, whilst also having a good appreciation of the underpinning technologies that deliver these services
• Ability to work to strict guidelines and proactively manage the levels of demand
• Very good analytical skills to identify trends and address any bottlenecks
• Strong ability to work well under stress and handle any conflicts in a professional manner
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment agency, and is a department of the University of Cambridge.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 30th April 2017 and interviews will be held shortly after.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer