Salary: £20,900 - £23,600
What it's about
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative, dynamic team working to produce top-class science assessments. The position would ideally suit someone who is an experienced Laboratory Technician, although candidates with some Laboratory Technician experience are welcome to apply.
What you’ll be doing
The position will involve:
• the production of microscope slides for candidates to use in examinations
• organising chemistry, biology and physics experiments for pre-testing by Assessment Managers, Setters and Revisers
• general laboratory duties
• general administrative duties.
What we’re looking for
An enthusiastic team player who is self-motivated and confident. You’ll have a pass in Advanced Level Biology or Chemistry and have experience of working in a science laboratory. A keen problem solver with meticulous accuracy, you’ll have a proven ability to manage your workload when under pressure to meet multiple deadlines and will enjoy contributing to the success of Cambridge International Examinations.
Who we are
Cambridge International Examinations prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge.
Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is the 23 April 2017 and the interviews will be held on the 9 May 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or alternatively apply online now and upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer