Strategic Development Manager
Permanent - Fixed Term Contract for 3 years
Location: Beijing, China
What it’s about
Reporting to the Regional Director for East Asia, the Strategic Development Manager will be responsible for maximising sales growth with new and existing government customers throughout the East Asia region. This role also works closely with the Head of International Education as part of the global team.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for:
· delivering on project / B2G revenue growth targets across all Cambridge English products in the region
· ensuring new opportunities, with existing and potential clients, in curriculum, assessment and capacity development areas are identified
· providing input into and review of regional tenders from ministries and other groups.
· supporting contract negotiation with new clients
· developing and implementing the strategy for raising the profile and credibility of Cambridge English with prospective and current clients
· providing regular feedback to teams in the region and in Cambridge; sharing insight with a particular focus on changes in regional education policy, media commentary, trends in requests and competitor activity
What we’re looking for
You will be a strategic thinker with proven experience of solutions selling, negotiating high value contracts and building relationships at a senior level. You will have excellent communications skills in both English and Mandarin (at least C1 in both). Knowledge of the education market and trends in the East Asia region is essential, whilst a broad based knowledge of assessment systems and international curricula would be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, and a competitive salary.
Who we are
Cambridge English Language Assessment (www.cambridgeenglish.org) is a division of Cambridge Assessment (www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk), a not-for-profit department of University of Cambridge. We develop and produce the most valuable range of qualifications for learners and teachers of English in the world. Over 5 million people in 130 countries take our exams every year. Around the world over 20,000 universities, employers, government ministries and other organisations rely on our exams and qualifications as proof of English language ability.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31 March 2017
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited