Assessment Services Manager
Permanent - full time FTC for 3 years
Location: Beijing, China
What it’s about
Reporting to the Regional Operations Head for East Asia, the Assessment Services Manager will be responsible for providing Assessment management and support for the region; to manage local Assessment, Research & Validation and Operations projects, and be a point of contact for key stakeholders on Assessment issues and developments
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for:
• Providing Assessment expertise for the region by locally managing Assessment projects
• Being the contact for local stakeholders in the region, providing advice, support and expertise to aid in the selection of assessment services.
• Investigating opportunities for local Assessment, Operations and Research & Validation projects and report back to Cambridge on their feasibility.
• Contributing to the development of the Presenter team in terms of briefing on Assessment issues and the proofing and vetting of presentation materials for local use.
• Engaging with any local Operations functions and managing local service providers
• Contributing to the implementation of local business strategy through the promotion of Cambridge English assessment services in the region.
What we’re looking for
You will be a strategic thinker with expertise in language testing theory and practice. Experience of working with high level stakeholders, such as Ministries of Education is essential, as is knowledge of local education systems and pedagogy in general. You will have excellent communications skills in both English and Mandarin (at least C1 in both).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary.
Who we are
Cambridge English Language Assessment (www.cambridgeenglish.org) is a division of Cambridge Assessment (www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk), a not-for-profit department of University of Cambridge. We develop and produce the most valuable range of qualifications for learners and teachers of English in the world. Over 5 million people in 130 countries take our exams every year. Around the world over 20,000 universities, employers, government ministries and other organisations rely on our exams and qualifications as proof of English language ability.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 28 March 2017
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer