Head of SAP Centre of Excellence
We are looking for an experienced Head of SAP Centre of Excellence who will provide excellent leadership in guiding, directing, and managing the SAP Centre of Excellence team.You will closely collaborate with the IS colleagues, our internal customers and our technical teams in defining solution options that meet our business needs. Responsible for planning and managing multiple application services, development, maintenance, and enhancement utilizing SAP technologies and resources.
About the role:
• Being key point of contact for Business stakeholders for SAP operations, prioritization and issue resolution.
• Provide clear leadership and management across technical and functional SAP COE teams to enhance current processes.
• Accountable for delivering and maintaining functionality, system availability, security and performance across the SAP Landscape (ECC/Hana, BW/BOBJ, SRM, CRM, PI, BPC), supporting business requirements.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the business on their use and development of the SAP solutions.
• Continually identify and seek opportunities to improve business processes and support critical business strategies.
• Work closely with key IT functional areas that enable multiplatform solution development.
• Responsible for collaborating with business-unit management, technology / business subject matter experts, various IT functional areas, and outside consultants to assess feasibility, determine costs versus benefits, prioritize projects, and develop and implement systems plans that address the information requirements of the business and adhere to established strategic business and systems objectives.
• Proactively manage and interface with 3rd party service providers, ensuring fixes and enhancements are delivered in a quality manner and within predefined SLA timescales
• Highly experienced in SAP service operations and with extensive knowledge of providing support across a complex integrated SAP landscape.
• Has managed a team of at least 5 direct reports in past experiences.
• Has led at least 1 large scale implementation of SAP solution (preferably ERP) to stable operations as either overall PM or IT lead that had a significant impact on that businesses operations.
• Working knowledge of concepts and best practices in the following areas: application development, software development life cycle, requirements gathering, design and analysis, QA, multi-tier architecture, hosted and cloud services, and database administration.
• Experience supporting an ERP deployment into a multi-division enterprise.
• Great attitude that always exudes a “can do” approach.
• Proven ability to build relationships with both business and IT.
• Mature, enthusiastic, self-supporting, and confident.
• Proven ability to take ownership of problems and the decision making process to resolve them.
• Ability to empathize with business units on how technology will impact their areas and how we can use technological change for the better.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 2nd April and interviews will be held shortly after.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer