Senior IT Support Engineer
Salary Range: Competitive
Location: Science Park, Cambridge
Cambridge Assessment is looking to recruit a Senior Engineer into the Infrastructure Applications team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team who are focussed on the delivery of IT applications and services to Cambridge Assessments end user community. The team itself primarily delivers 2nd and 3rd line support with a focus on Microsoft application and commercial off the shelf product support in the following areas; collaboration, communication, file and print, remote working and device management.
The applicant must have a highly professional approach to customer engagement and management. They will be capable of taking complex technical issues and problems and communicating them at all levels of the organisation.
They will have daily responsibility to ensure that Cambridge Assessments Telephone Systems are available and maintained; including the managing of all stakeholders. They will also deputise for the Infrastructure Applications Team lead and will help Cambridge Assessment transition to a Unified Communications platform based on Skype for Business.
The applicant will have experience in the following disciplines
• Administration and delivery of VOIP telephone systems (Ideally in Cisco CUCM and UCCX)
• Experience of managing a Lync or Skype for Business platform
• A proven background in IT support for a mid to large size organisation
• Experience working in a disciplined environment (ideally working within the ITIL framework)
• A proven track record of technical involvement in the delivery of IT Projects
• Support of Windows Server technologies
• Degree education or equivalent experience
The applicant may have experience in the following areas
• Device management through SCCM and Airwatch
• Support of Citrix Xenapp and Xendesktop environments
• The migration of systems and users to the Office 365 platform
• Support of Linux OS on multiple versions
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 2nd April 2017 and interviews will be held shortly after.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process, if you are selected as the successful candidate, you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer